CIC Research Symposium 2018
We are running our inaugural research symposium showcasing the research being undertaken within the institute.
The symposium will be a platform for CIC members to showcase their research to the wider university and industry community through a mixture of presentations and demos.
Many of the presentations will be describing work funded through the CIC ORS grant scheme.
As we will shortly be opening the 2018 ORS round, we encourage you to come along and take the opportunity to come up with and discuss project ideas.
Places are limited and RSVP is essential.
1.30pm – 2.30pm Welcome & Presentations
2.30pm – 3.00pm Demos
3.00pm – 3.30pm Afternoon Tea
3.30pm – 4.30pm Presentations
4.30pm Sundowner (ICP)
Deborah Kerr & Joanne McVeigh – Evaluating wearable technology to improve physical activity monitoring and feedback in overweight adults
James Hane – Computational biology applications in plant pathology and crop protection
Peter Dell – Map of the IPv4 Address Space
Mark Agostino – Structural studies of the initial stages of Wnt signalling
Kay O’Halloran – Analysing violent extremist communications and their uptake in the media
- Yi Juin Lim – ElectroAus: Data Storytelling in Financial Industries
- Artur Lugmayer – VisLab: Visualisation, Media Technology, and User-Experience
- Peter Dell – Map of the Internet
- Gretchen Benedix – Detection of Mars craters
- Richard Hosking – CIC publications analytics
- Ricardo Mancera – Molecular Dynamics visualisations
- Andrew Woods – HIVE visualisation examples
- Hafizur Rahaman – HoloLens demo