Mission and Objectives
The mission of the Curtin Institute for Computation (CIC) is to initiate and foster collaborative, interdisciplinary research and education programs that apply computational methods across computer science, engineering, health sciences, social sciences and the humanities, to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
The CIC is achieving its vision via the following objectives:
- Inspire and foster collaboration across Curtin to solve complex, interdisciplinary problems that require computational modelling, data analytics and visualisation.
- Develop curricula for, and oversee, delivery of training, undergraduate courses and postgraduate courses in computational methods.
- Provide support for Curtin researchers to access and effectively utilise computational facilities.
- Provide a nexus for Curtin’s computational researchers to share ideas, expertise, enthusiasm and energy.
- Provide a platform for delivering cross-discipline integrated research projects that is attractive to industry.
- Build strong institutional links with peer institutes and organisations internationally.