UNESCO Chair of Cultural Heritage and Visualisation
We explore how augmented and mixed and virtual reality can reveal new dimensions of history for heritage, tourism and educational purposes.
- Create a network to use and advise on 3D models of World Heritage Sites and show how 3D models can be employed in teaching and research.
- Build capacity through community workshops, learning materials, distributing the teaching resources digitally at no cost the end user, train research students, postdocs, research fellows.
- Recommend long-term archive guidelines, linking 3D models to scholarly publications, scholarly resources and infrastructures.
- Disseminate the results of research activities at conferences and workshops, via online papers, applications and learning materials.
- Cooperate closely with UNESCO on relevant activities.
Contact: Professor Erik Champion, MCASI, Faculty of Humanities, Curtin University, Australia. Email: erik champion AT curtin edu au.
We are on two major Australian Research Council Grant linkages, preparing for mixed reality demonstrations at XR-WA Festival (the HIVE, Curtin) and for a workshop at a week long Cultural Heritage summer school in Turin, Italy, 1-8 September 2019.